March 31, 2012

Cookies For Dinner Book Review

Most of the time when I sit to read a book I will choose a romance or a mystery of some type. These types of books tend to be my favorite because they allow me time to escape from the daily grind. Although Cookies for Dinner did not fit either of my usual categories it has quickly because a favorite and is a book I know I will turn to when I need to lighten the mom load.
I think Cookies for Dinner should be part of every mom's bookshelf because of the simple and meaningful way it is written. In this book two average women tell their stories of becoming mothers and share some experiences they had with their small children. Over the course of this book I laughed, I cried, and by the end I felt like I had two new friends. I was not alone! There are two women out there who, tho they are different ages and live miles away, relate to my mom feelings that seem so prevalent raising three little boys.
Each chapter of this book is filled with half a dozen or so stories of these two women's adventures in motherhood. They covered everything from birth, to fleas, to chicken pox, to potty training, to car sickness. It truly is a treasure trove for any mother who occasionally has a down day and needs to feel not quite so alone. All it takes is five minutes to read a page and you'll be filling better in no time.
I can't wait to share this book with all of my mom friends, especially those with newborns. It's going to make a great addition to a gift basket when I put a personal note in the front cover again reminding them that they are not alone. I'm thrilled to have the chance to share this book with you and am anxiously awaiting the next edition.

11 comments :

  1. Sounds like an awesome book. Thanks for having one in the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish it was available when i had my first baby! will be a great baby shower gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that it is full of lots of short stories so you can take some ME time if only for a few mins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It surely sounds like a good read! It would be great to read and then pass around but I think I'd want it to come back to. I won't have to feel guilty about starting a book and not getting to bed til the middle of the night because it is split up. I think I'll have to put it on my someday must find to read.
    Gladys P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just looked at amazon.com & they have it for the kindle for $6.39. I added it to my wish list & if I don't win it, I'm buying it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for reviewing our book and giving us the opportunity to let your readers learn more about us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to read aloud to my hubby as we go on road trips. This sounds perfect! We like true life and funny parenting tales.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, seems to be a really helpful book, hope I win!


    Arandamarie1992@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete