March 12, 2018

A Garden in Paris by Stephanie Grace Whitson


You may have noticed that I haven't been reading as much recently. We've been in the middle of a bathroom remodel and I have decided that I'd much rather be reading a good book. This week I had the opportunity to read A Garden in Paris by Stephanie Grace Whitson. I am using this book for the "A book with garden in the title" category of the Extreme Book Nerd Challenge.

After 26 years as the trophy wife of a powerful man, Mary Davis is both a widow with no sense of identity and a mother who doesn’t know how to bridge the gap between herself and her increasingly distant daughter. When Mary finds a framed motto promising that “It’s never too late to be who you might have been,” she is haunted by the memory of an old flame and guilt over the way things ended between them. In a desperate attempt to reconcile the past and find a new future, Mary returns to Paris, the city where she won and lost her first love. Paris will change everything for Mary and her daughter, in ways neither could imagine.

I really enjoyed this book. It was a wonderfully sweet story of new lives and second chances. I will note that if you don't like a little foreign language in your books (French in this case) this may not be a read that you enjoy. I personally loved spending my time in Paris with Mary as she learned to live again. A wonderful read!

No comments :

Post a Comment