May 29, 2012

Rubbermaid 2-in-1 Recycler Review


As a family working on being as green as possible one of the things we try to do is recycle. Of course our city makes this as difficult as possible with their lack friendliness to recyclers. For us to recycle we have to save, sort, and then deliver our items to the appropriate facility (that means three different places). Sometimes this can be a struggle but we have worked out a system that works fairly well.

Recently Rubbermaid sent us their new 2-in-1 Recycler to review. I really like this product and think it is has functionality, just not in my kitchen. If you were to visit my kitchen you would understand our dilemma. Our kitchen is shaped like a T and is very narrow. Our trash fits between the stove and the cupboard under the counter and it's a tight squeeze at that. Since we moved in we have kept our recycling boxes just outside the garage door on a shelf (so you don't have to go down the stairs) and it has been working fairly well.

On the up side, we have been using the 2-in-1 Recycler to hold chicken feed in our garage and it is awesome! We have 2 types of feed that we need almost every day and this makes a simple way to access both. I love that I can simply take off the top container to carry outside with me when I feed scratch grain. I also love that both containers are removable for easy refills.

As I said, this would work as a great recycler in your kitchen if you have a spot to put it. It also works great for other things however when you don't have the space. Either way you should check it out and thank Rubbermaid for another great product!


No comments :

Post a Comment