June 18, 2013

A Heartbeat Away by S. Dionne Moore

It's not very often that I get E to sit and read a book. OK, occasionally he'll read with me but generally he doesn't make it through a book and is OK if I finish it on my own. Recently I was reading A Heartbeat Away and he sat down to read a chapter to me (something I love). Anyway, once he started he couldn't stop and was not happy when I finished the book the next day without him. In fact, as I write this, he's waiting for the book so he can finish it on his own. That tells me this is an amazing story!
A Heartbeat Away takes place during the Civil War as Beth (a Union-loyal) is staying with her Grandmother to learn to be a nurse. There she is faced with a Confederate soldier who is left at her grandmother's doorstep greatly wounded. With a battle raging around her she must trust in her faith, and her new knowledge of nursing, to help her get through what may be the toughest days of her life.
This is an amazing read! Lots of adventure with some history and romance to add spice. You won't want to miss out on this one!

No comments :

Post a Comment