August 16, 2013

It Happened at the Fair by Deeanne Gist

What would it be like to loose your hearing? Some of you may know the answer to this question. I know that our senses are something to be grateful for. I recently red a book about a young man who's hearing (and thus his job) were on the line. I found his story in It Happened at the Fair , a wonderful story about the 1893 Chicago World's Fair. Cullen, our hero, is an inventor at the fair where he hopes to sell his newest invention and keep the family farm afloat. Because of his hearing loss, Cullen has a hard time hearing investors and hires a deaf teacher to tutor him.
This is a great story of a tug-of-war of love during an exciting time in American history. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and I'm sure you will too!

No comments :

Post a Comment