August 15, 2013

The Heiress of Winterwood by Sarah Ladd

As a woman I know that my rights have changed drastically over the past 200 years. I can vote. I can own property. And so many other things that are absolutely amazing! Recently I had the chance to read about Amelia Barrett in The Heiress of Winterwood , someone who did not have these rights. Amelia's story takes place in England in 1814 where she is an heiress to an estate that can only become hers with certain conditions.
I really loved this book as I followed Amelia to defy the odds, first by raising her dear friend's motherless baby, and then by controlling her estate as a woman. Amelia is full of heart, strength, and a little craziness. It's a book you won't want to miss if you're looking for a wonderful adventure (and a handsome sailor to boot)!

No comments :

Post a Comment