November 19, 2013

Dohmie for Serious Sleep!

It has been a very long fall at our house and this mom is ready for some serious sleep. E thinks I'm funny when he asks what I want for Christmas and I tell him all I really want is a nap but with him, B and C all at school and D and F home with me all day this mom needs a good nap!
In an attempt to find some better sleep patterns Marpac sent us some help, for the last two weeks we have been trying out Dohmie by Marpac in the baby's room in hopes that she would sleep through the night. In case you haven't heard, the Dohmie is a sound conditioner, meaning that is is a machine that plays white noise to help you go to sleep and stay asleep longer.
I can vouch for the fact that the Dohmie's white noise is very relaxing. The first day we had our machine I turned it on in the family room while I worked and it wasn't very long at all before I was ready for a nap. Since then the machine has been in baby sister's room and I turn it on during nap and nighttime. I can't say that we've seen a huge improvement as she is still waking up about once a night asking for food (not sure this has anything to do with the noise either) but she does fall asleep faster when we lay her down which is wonderful!
The downside of this machine for me is that it is white. All the furnishings in F's room are either dark brown or black so I'd love to see some other colors available so this machine can blend in a little better. Other than that I love the Dohmie and look forward to it continuing to help regulate the sleep patterns at the Kerr house!

This is a compensated opportunity from Marpac and the Mom it Forward Blogger Network.

2 comments :

  1. Hi! Just wanted to let you know that there are "skins" available for the Dohm - you can choose a pattern, color, etc. or even upload your own image or picture. They're a little on the pricey side, but add a nice custom touch to the Dohm, if you're so inclined... find them here: http://www.styleflip.com/categories_name-c-1_34/dohm-p-468

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to know that. I'm headed over to find something fun for ours now!

      Delete