December 2, 2011

Stitching & Frames


B's Stocking
Many of you probably do not know about a hobby that I love. This is needle work. Although I do not have the time to stitch that I have in the past, I do still very much enjoy it and have made a point to create a piece for each of my children.  I have made each of them a personalized stocking and a birth announcement cross stitch. Once I have put in the hours required to complete one of these projects, one stocking will take me about thirty hours, I want to make sure they are preserved so they will last.

It is not necessary with stockings but with my other stitch works part of this preservation process is framing the piece.  You can easily purchase a standard frame at the local craft store but many times it is much nicer if you invest in a custom frame. The longer I spend on a piece the more likely I am to do this. Although custom framing can be expensive I have found that you can often find coupons or other sales to help make it more affordable and it certainly helps complete a piece. I also love custom framing because it allows me to put my personality into the frame just as I do with each piece I stitch. 

I’m currently working on Baby D’s stocking and his birth announcement piece. I can’t wait to show them to you when they are finished.

I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog for custom framing nyc and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment