October 5, 2012

Halo SleepSack

When I arrived at the NICU nursery for the first time to see baby F I had two wonderful surprises. The first was that the NICU had been moved into a beautiful new addition where each baby had a semi-private area and the doctors and nurses had five times as much space to work. It was beautiful! The second big surprise was that each baby not under a warmer was wrapped in a Halo SleepSack Swaddle.
I was thrilled to see the nursery using Halo products! I had loved these with my older kids once they arrived home and although I am forever grateful to the nurse who taught me to swaddle with a blanket, I loved that these new parents were being introduced to one of my favorite parenting tools during their children's first weeks of life.
Little did I know that a Halo SleepSack is even better in the NICU than at home. It was wonderful to be able to easily wrap up my baby even with all the wires attached. All I had to do was up her arms in and zip the SleepSack up so all the wires came out the bottom and then secure the wrap parts. So much easier than trying to figure out where all the wires go as you wrap your baby in a blanket!
Now that we're home, we still love our SleepSacks. Baby F isn't nearly big enough for the size small SleepSack Halo sent me to review but in the meantime she is enjoying being warm in her hand me down blue and green Halo SleepSacks.
A SleepSack is a perfect gift for any newborn and Halo even has an option for older kids that have feet in them. Make sure you add a SleepSack to your baby registry, or holiday gift list, and check back here during Fall Fashionista to win a SleepSack of your very own as part of our new family fashion package.

No comments :

Post a Comment