September 12, 2019

Baking for Less

Less calories, glycemic and carbs that is.

Although I am not big on dieting exactly, I do believe it is important to eat healthy and get your body the nutrients it needs. I also however love to eat good food and baking is one of my favorite pastimes (it helps to heat the house during those long winter days). So, I'm always looking for something to help my sweet tooth be a little less detrimental to my, and my family's, health.

Recently I was introduced to MornignPep Xylitol. It's a 100% natural sweetener that is low in calories, glycemic, and carbohydrates. It also bostes to be GMO, corn, wheat, gluten, soy and dairy free. For me, I love that it does work ok in my baking. Most alternative sweeteners that I have tried just make my favorite bakes off flavor and bad textured. And although this one still isn't quite the same as traditional sugar, it's the closest thing I've found so far. I used it in a number of dishes and I believe that by continuing to make small adjustments to my recipes that this would be a tolerable substitute to sugar in most instances.

If you're interested in an alternative sweetener then this would be a good one to try. You can order a sample pack from Amazon which makes it super easy to test out. Let me know how your results come out!

No comments :

Post a Comment