February 3, 2012

Truck Drivers

Today I am stopping to offer a plea to truck drivers and drivers in general.

As some of you know we live on a busy street and it is always amazing to me how fast people go even in the short distance between stop lights. The speed limit is 35 miles per hour (which in my mind is very reasonable) but people are often going 45-50 miles per hour on our road. This is very frustrating to me, not only because I have children and worry about them, but also because I have to back out of my driveway and as I am not the only one living on this street I know I can't be the only one with this problem.

What I think many people don't realize is that speed limits are there for a very good reason. They are there to protect you!

A speed limit is the speed that one can reasonably maneuver a roadway IN PERFECT CONDITION. 

This means if it's windy, or raining, or snowing you need to slow down even more. 

This does not mean that "I can go 4 over because the cop will only pull me over at 5 above the speed limit."

TRUCK DRIVERS: this goes for you too. Yes, we all know that your posted speed limit is slower, if you understand some laws of gravity you would understand this is not because we don't like you but because your trucks are larger and heavy and take longer to stop than a small car. 

Please, from me and all the other mom's in the world (including your own), SLOW DOWN! 

I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog for CDL Driving Jobs and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.


No comments :

Post a Comment