April 12, 2011

Toddler Tuesday: Laundry

blog.tinyprints.com
One of my two least favorite chores is laundry. I only do laundry because my deal with E is that if I do the laundry he does the dishes and dishes are the only job I dislike more. There is however one thing that makes doing laundry bearable. That is the fact that when I do laundry I get a date night. 

That's right. I work hard all day and get all the laundry through the washer and dryer. Then I get to pile it on the bed. :) This forces E to help me fold it before we can get into said bed. Laundry night has become one of my favorite nights of the week. We usually start with a treat and then turn on a good movie and watch it together while we fold this HUGE pile of laundry. We get the chance to talk about our day, the boys, and what our plan is for the week (laundry night is usually Monday). 

So today I want to say THANK YOU toddlers! You manage to go through more laundry than I ever see you using but I sure do love my "date" with your dad so please continue to create laundry for me.

2 comments :

  1. Very clever! If I pile laundry on the bed, "the Marine" just puts it on the floor... grrr!!! I'm doing laundry today too. My munchkin is no longer a toddler so the laundry pile has shrunk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to look at the laundry! Just keep thinking that when D arrives.

    ReplyDelete