July 25, 2012

Cloth Diapering - When We Started

With another baby on the way I can't help but think back to when I was expecting my other babies. One thing I've been remembering recently is when we first started using cloth diapers. It seems like we've been doing this forever but we haven't. In fact, we didn't start using cloth until just after we found out we were expecting C which means B was cloth diapered for about 6 months.
When we found out C was coming we knew there was no way we could use disposables. Our budget was already super tight and we weren't in love with them anyway. In fact, most of what we used up to that point was gifted to us at baby showers and such. When we decided to switch to cloth I had a lot of research to do. I didn't know anybody who used cloth at the time and it made things more difficult than it might have been otherwise.
E's big thing was that we didn't use diaper pins. I know that may seem silly but it's still something he won't do. Which I suppose is ok since there are so many options. I am just super glad that we made the switch. Not only has it saved us a ton of money but I don't make emergency trips to the store and I know that I am doing what's best for my babies. Nothing is better than that!

No comments :

Post a Comment