July 26, 2012

His Brother's Baby by Blanche Marriott

Being a twin has always intrigued me. When I was little some of my best friends were twins and it was interesting to me to see what they could get away with. I know there was more than one time I wished I had a partner in crime.
In Blanche Marriott's His Brother's Baby , David is a twin but isn't feeling quite so lucky about it. David is the "good" twin. He is the reliable one who runs the family business and takes care of the parents while his brother disappears for months on end when he is supposed to be traveling for business.
With his brother gone, David meets a beautiful woman, Gabriella, who mistakes him for his missing brother. When Gabriella shows up at the office a few weeks later and announces she's pregnant a frantic search begins to find the missing father. In the meantime, David vows to care for Gabriella like his own.
As Gabriella learns to care for David and he for her the search for David's twin continues. If he is found and returns home will David and Gabriella be forced to give up their new found joy?
This is an incredible book of love and mystery. At times I just wanted to shout "who cares, you love them" at some of the characters because they were so stubborn but His Brother's Baby kept me interested and laughing the entire way. You can't help but want to get to the end to find out if David and Gabriella discover their own foolishness too.

No comments :

Post a Comment