- Water Play - The first thing most think of when they hear beach is the water. At Virginia Beach they have boat tours, jet skiing, para-sailing, surfing and of course swimming.
- History - Yes, I am a history minor and I LOVE to check out historic attractions in the areas I visit. At Virginia Beach they have lighthouses and parks for every history enthusiast.
- Shopping - Don't forget to pick up a keepsake, or two, during your stay at Virginia Beach. There are always many options for shopping at Virginia Beach, make sure you take the time to visit them all.
- Fishing - Because E is is an Idaho man this is a required skill. (Don't ask as I don't fully understand either.) There are lots of fishing options at Virginia Beach pleasing even the biggest "manly" man.
- For the Kids - With the huge sand box at Virginia Beach I know my kids would be content for life if I brought enough sunscreen. If you want more however there is also the Aquarium and the State Park to help occupy your time.
- Accommodations - When we visited Virginia Beach we got a rental home which was a great option for our family as it allowed us to not only sleep but cook our own meals which saved us a lot of money. This is only one option however.
- Dining - You, of course, can find great seafood at Virginia Beach. Or, if you're feeling talented, there are also local markets to buy seafood and then use it in your own recipes.
- Family Great Adventure Series - Although I have not participated in this it sounds like the perfect family activity especially for older kids. It is described as "
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.