July 19, 2011

Toddler Tuesday: Train Cake



We had a birthday at our house recently and I wanted to share the cake I made with you.
This cake was so easy to make and would be easy to make larger by adding more train cars.

For this cake I used:
  • 1 box cake mix
  • 1 can frosting
  • decorator frosting in colors needed
  • ice cream cone
  • 2 bread loaf pans



I baked my cake in two loaf pans, it took just under 40 minutes, and then after they cooled I cut the top so it was flat. I then cut one loaf in half. I used the domed part of the cake (that I cut off) as the top of the coal car. E suggested afterword that I should have cut the front of the train into a 'V' shape which I agree would have made it look more like a train. For other cars it would be fun to do one with animals (use animal crackers), or one with cars on it. But anyway, B loved it and it was red like James so he was happy. I'm already planning next years cake using this same idea, can you see the pickup truck?


Posted by Picasa

No comments :

Post a Comment