May 21, 2012

A Story of the West By Susan Spence Book Review

I know I probably don't look like it but I'm all about a good western and that's just what I found in A Story of the West. I want to start by telling you my one complaint. I felt sometimes Susan wasted words by telling me details I already new about. This wouldn't be a problem if you had never saddled a horse or made bread but since I have I felt sometimes there were too many details.

Other than that I simply loved this book! It was a fairly simple read because there was not a huge amount of characters to keep track of. The story told of Matt, a Montana rancher/cowboy, and his struggle to maintain a ranch in a time when the west was new and lawmen weren't common.

The story tells of Matt's struggles as a land owner, a son, a husband and a father in a time and a land where anything is possible. You can't help but fall in love with Matt, Lavina, Big John and all the other inhabitants of D Rocking D. It is a well written book with an ending you won't want to miss. Thank you Susan for sharing a wonderful book with me!

No comments :

Post a Comment