August 16, 2012

Her Wicked Ways by Darcy Burke

As some of you may know my doctor has recently limited my mobility. He hasn't said the word bed rest exactly (I don't think he dares because he knows my kids) but I'm supposed to "take it easy." For me this means that I have been doing a lot of reading. I love a good book because it helps keep my mind off my house that's not getting clean and the long list of other things I really should(n't) be doing.

Recently Darcy Burke sent me three books to review and I loved every minute of them! Her Wicked Ways was a great way to start this series. It tells the story of a young girl, Lady Miranda, who is banished from London for her reckless behavior. On the way to stay in her uncles house in the country her traveling party robbed. Because Miranda was forced to leave her jewels behind she offers the handsome thief a kiss instead. Upon arriving at her uncles humble home, Miranda is encouraged to work at a local orphanage where she meets the handsome owner, "Fox", who tempts her passion in wicked ways.

This book was one that I thoroughly enjoyed! I do have to mention that this is an adult novel. Having said that, I highly encourage you to read it! I absolutely fell in love with Fox, a true country gentleman, and couldn't help but root for him to gain Miranda's favor. The ending is completely unpredictable as Miranda's brother, Jasper, steps in to "help". You won't want to miss Her Wicked Ways !

No comments :

Post a Comment