August 30, 2012

Savage by Willow Rose

Sometimes when I first look at a book I'm just not quite sure what to expect. That was the case when I received Savage by Willow Rose. From reading the brief description on the back I guessed it was some sort of mystical romance which isn't my favorite but I'd figure I'd give it a try. I am so glad that I did because I really loved this book!
Savage is the first book in Rose's Daughters of the Jaguar series. It tells the story of a young man who came to America to get his education after his mother passed away. While he is supposed to be working to become a doctor like his father all he really wants to do is play his guitar and enjoy the music. When he meets the family next door to his "sponsors" he quickly finds their carefree way of life enjoyable.
The story tells the story of this young man and his fight to live in a world he is not really a part of while loving the girl who lives in the world where he belongs. The dislike the worlds have for each other further increase his inner struggle as he works to learn what he should do with his life.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It was a great story with enough romance to keep me interested. Enough mystery to not let me sleep at night. And enough magic to keep me from getting too involved. I think this would make a great story for anyone who likes a little bit of magic to brighten their day.

No comments :

Post a Comment