September 7, 2011

Blogorama Bonanza: Yakitoko Review

About Yakitoko:


Yakitoko is a clothing brand started in 2011 by Frange Abaraka while attending the University of Maryland, College Park.
The meaning of Yakitoko came from Lingala, a dialect from Central Africa. The word helms on the idea of the literal translation of "Something Beautiful". I know you thought it was Japanese, got ya!!
The idea first came to me in January, 2010, when I discovered a 'Threadless' clothing community, where artists come to submit their designs for a chance to get printed on a t-shirt and earn $2500. At 'Threadless' I learned a lot in terms of designing; it's not only a competitive website, the artists are kind enough to give suggestions and offer help on ideas circulated. That helped me hone in my skills. After spending some time circulating my ideas and receiving positive feedback, I decided it was time to share my talent with the world.
At Yakitoko, the motto is "dress for fun". We strive to offer fun, artistic, and quality design.

Frange Abaraka



My Thoughts:

Yakitoko sent us this Jet Engine Victim Tee to review. I must say that I'm not overly fond of the picture, most people just look at you like what in the world is that. The shirt however is high quality and has washed well. The color is actually brighter than in the photo which is awesome! The size is also very standard so ordering is easy. Although this particular shirt isn't something I would normally wear I do love the zebra shirt above. Either way for the right person Yakitoko has some awesome shirts and are helping to sponsor an awesome giveaway during Blogorama Bonanza so stay tuned.

1 comment :

  1. I agree and like the zebra a lot. My husband wears strange shirts, so I know he'd love confusing people with the other. :)

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete