September 7, 2011

Ride The Dappled Mare - By Joan Elizabeth Moody Baker

About Ride The Dappled Mare:

The Mason-Dixon Line clearly delineated the geographical territory between the North and South; but people and their lives are not so easily categorized. In this Civil War novel, the reader meets a Southern judge who has never owned a slave; an Englishman who joins the Confederate Army; a free-spirited Southern belle who often chafes under her social restraints; and Episcopalian rector who is not what he seems; and a free black family who choose to stay with their employers. They joys, delights, heartbreaks, and trials of life are magnified during times of trouble; and all these are here in Ride The Dappled Mare.

My Thoughts:

For me reading Ride the Dappled Mare was not at all what I expected, it was however a great book. There were a few times that I felt like transitions between characters were a little awkward but other than that it was great. I loved the story line and although I do not believe the history was completely accurate, it was realistic and somewhat educating. Although this is a romance it is appropriate for young readers and I would recommend anyone who likes a good historical romance adds it to their collection.


I received a complimentary copy of Ride The Dappled Mare as a member of the Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team.  Visit dorrancebookstore.com to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team.

No comments :

Post a Comment