December 6, 2011

Grab A Scab Review

There is nothing I hate worse than mending. Ok, maybe there are a few things but not many. This is why when you look in my sewing room, yes I have a whole room dedicated to sewing, there are THREE large boxes full of mending. Many of these items belong to E since he goes through pants faster than I can wash them some days but the boys are quickly catching up.

I was so excited when I found Grab A Scab! My hope is that I never have to do traditional mending again.

Scabs are essentially no sew, no iron clothing patches. They are designed to cover holes, or just add extra layers, to those easily warn spots in clothing.

We were sent some scabs to try and so far I am impressed. I was a little disappointed in the size of the scabs I received as they did not cover some of the holes I wanted them to but the ones I put them on are holding up well. Of course we're in the middle of finals so the "mended" pants are somewhere in the middle of a laundry pile but so far they've each been washed two or three times and are holding up well.

There are just a few things I would love to see with Grab A Scab. First, I would love to see more color/pattern choices and have some of them be more blendable, so you can put them on nicer pants/shirts. I'd also love to see more, especially larger, sizes. Heck, if you can come up with scabs that I can put on my husband's work pants you'll be my hero!

All around I think this is the best new way I've found to get through my mending pile and I'm sure excited to have a new option. Maybe now I can keep up with the demand.

No comments :

Post a Comment