- Make sure your hoses are unhooked from ouside faucets. This is the fastest and easiest way to avoid problems with frozen pipes.
- Make sure outside faucets are not dripping.
- Cover outside faucets with insulator kits. This can be kinda expensive but I like to watch the daily deal sites as many times I can find things like this for an awesome price.
- Insulate pipes. This was a big deal at the trailer because of the pipes that ran under the trailer and were the main areas for frozen pipe problems. If you have these areas and use heating tape make sure it is working and rodent free. After talking to our old neighbors we already know both of these things have been problems already this year.
- Check your water heater. This is an awful thing to be without, especially during the winter months (trust me).
- Avoid pouring fats from your holiday cooking down the drain. This can solidify your pipes and create clogs.
- Caulk the tub/shower. This is something we need to do at our house but it would be horrible to have water damage because of this because it is super easy to fix.
Have a great weekend!