December 17, 2011

The Magic Christmas Tree by Carolyn Irby

I recently reviewed The Magic Christmas Tree by Carolyn Irby. When I first heard about reviewing this book I thought it would be a perfect Christmas story for my children. I was very wrong.

This book is nothing but folded paper and has only four pages of writing. There is no color in the pictures either. The story itself was confusing to read as it covers days worth of time in just the four pages of written word. The story tells about a little girl who wishes on a Christmas tree that her family can become healthy and financially sound and then the snow blows in and gives them everything she wished for.

The storyline itself would be good but it is way underdeveloped and the book format is anything but kid friendly. I would recommend skipping this one and moving on to something else.

I received a complimentary copy of The Magic Christmas Tree as a member of the Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team.  Visit dorrancebookstore.com to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team.

No comments :

Post a Comment