August 24, 2011

Book Review: Dark Corners - By Liz Schulte

About Dark Corners:

Ella Reynolds knew from the first moment she walked into the old house someone or something was watching her. Waiting. Her husband's violent murder sent her spiraling into a world of grief and isolation, but Ella isn't alone. Who or what is responsible for her husband's death is still with her. Darkness has engulfed the past year of Ella's life. Everyday reality slips a little more between her fingers as she struggles to break free from her memories. She must look deeper into her past as well as the present to discover truth of her husband's homicide. A string of uncanny events takes place and practical explanations run thin as Ella follows the terrifying road to closure. As the past and present come to a head, Ella must decipher who or what the murderer is before it takes her as well.

My Thoughts:

The first thing I suppose I should tell you is that this is not a book I would have normally picked out for myself. Having said that I will tell you that I found it surprisingly enjoying and addicting. Yes, that is why you aren't getting all the posts you should have today, because I spent my time with a book. Although I would not recommend this book for young readers, or for reading just before bed, this was a story that though discussing a homicide was not overly disturbing. Liz Schulte has a wonderful way of telling the story and keeping you attached without making your "real" life terrifying. Thank you Liz for helping me enjoy a genre I would normally avoid.

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for the review! I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review :) I really enjoyed it, though it wasn't something I'd pick for me either :P

    ReplyDelete