August 23, 2011

Homes for Sale: Tips

As many of you know we just bought our first house. Now that we've been here a week I feel it's time to give you a few tips about buying a home we learned in the process.

1.  The first thing you need is an awesome Agent. I'll tell you more about our Agent another day as that is a post in itself but this person is your biggest key to success so choose carefully.

2. Know what you can settle on and what you can't. There were so many homes that I loved that were beautiful but they were only about 1000 sq ft. I knew this would not work with my growing family so I knew I had to settle for something that needed a few repairs and had the square footage rather than something that was beautiful and didn't.

3. Don't get frustrated. This can be really hard. There were days when I really wanted to give up, like the day I looked at 16 houses while 7 months pregnant and found nothing but coal furnaces (still in use), mold, and other such yucky things.

Buying a home is hard but with the help of a good agent you can find what you are looking for.

I am participating in a blogger campaign by Bucks2Blog in behalf of a Missouri real estate company and was compensated. However, the views and opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment