August 19, 2011

Book Review: Jake's Pride - By B.J. Strong

About Jake's Pride:

What happens when two individuals having suffered through painful marriages get thrown together by fate? This is exactly what happens to Sara and Jake in this romantic novel. When Jake, a private cop, is sent to protect Sara, a woman with a madman out to kill her, the attraction is mutual but their willful personalities keep pushing them apart. Can Jake and Sara overcome their pride and show their love for each other?

My Thoughts:

For me the first two or three chapters of this book were painful. I had a hard time with the transitions and noticed quite a few editor errors but once I got into the story I could not stop. I loved the story line and was constantly on my toes wondering if everything was going to be ok. By the end of the book I had cycled through a whole range of emotions with Sara as she worked to win Jake's love and overcome her abusive past. Overall I thought this was a great book and will add it to my bookshelf.  **Note: This is a romantic book and may not be appropriate for youthful readers.


I received a complimentary copy of Jake's Pride as a member of the Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team.  Visit dorrancebookstore.com to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team.

No comments :

Post a Comment