August 22, 2011

Mom Shop Monday: Coins to Rings


About Coins to Rings:

I am a life long resident of northern Ohio. I grew up near the shores of Lake Erie.  I have worked as a health care professional for more than 30 years.  My passion however has been art, mostly sculptures. I prefer to work with materials that either outlived their intended use or are cast offs. I have made sculptures from scrap copper, wire, nuts and bolts. I have also worked with wood, stone and clay. My latest endeavor has been making jewelry using American silver coins. All coins are dated 1964 and prior. They are made of 90% silver, 10% copper. Of those coins, I use coins that are known as common dates or scrap grade. They would be destined for the melting pot. I started making silver coin jewelry three years ago, mostly as gifts for my friends and family. It can take 8-12 hours or more per piece. All pieces are cold forged and all designs are done by hand. Thank you for taking the time to view my work. I hope you enjoy it.

My Thoughts:

I was searching Etsy today and found this awesome shop. I love what he does and the finished product is awesome! These would make such beautiful gifts. Check it out!

I am not compensated in any way for Mom Shop Monday posts. If you are interested in being featured please contact us. Thanks!

No comments :

Post a Comment